Contemporary light rail in New Jersey can be broken into three different divisions: the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, serving Jersey City, Hoboken, Bayonne, Union City, and North Bergen; the Newark Light Rail in Newark and Bloomfield; and the RiverLINE, providing transportation to cities along the Delaware River between Trenton and Camden. The Hudson-Bergen and Newark fleets both use electric light rail vehicles manufactured by Kinki-Sharyo, while the RiverLINE is a diesel multiple unit operation using rolling stock from Stadler.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail 1999 Kinki-Sharyo LRV (2002-2018, 2020-2029)
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail 2002 Kinki-Sharyo LRV (2030-2054)
- Newark Light Rail 1999 Kinki-Sharyo LRV (117-118)
- Newark Light Rail 2001 Kinki-Sharyo LRV (101-116)
- Newark Light Rail 2002 Kinki-Sharyo LRV (119-121)
- RiverLINE 2003-2004 Stadler GTW 2/6 (3501-3520)